|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

Government orders 44 crore doses of Covishield & Covaxin | India News

img-responsive

NEW DELHI: The Center said Tuesday it had placed orders for 44 crore doses of Covishield and Covaxin, a day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the Center would take over the state procurement quota and provide free injections to the state governments for the inoculation of everyone over 18 years of age.
These 44 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccines will be delivered by their manufacturers between August and December 2021, the Union Ministry of Health said.
“In immediate follow-up to the Prime Minister’s announcement of these changes to the National Covid Vaccination Program Guidelines yesterday, the Center has placed an order with the Serum Institute of India for 25 crore doses of Covishield and Bharat Biotech for 19 crore doses of Covaxin.
“In addition, the 30 percent of the advance for the acquisition of C’Diabetes, steroids, stay in the ICU could not be reason for mucor ‘
-19 vaccines were delivered to the Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech, “said an official.
The official said that the Center has been supporting the efforts of the states and territories of the union for an effective vaccination campaign under the “whole-of-government approach” since January 16 of this year.
Based on various manifestations received by the Center, starting on May 1, vaccination was opened for all adults over 18 years of age in Phase III of the vaccination strategy.
“Now, with the aim of further universalizing the vaccination campaign throughout the country, all citizens over 18 years of age can receive doses of the Covid-19 vaccine at no cost at government health facilities,” the official said. .
The central government will provide free coronavirus vaccines to union states and territories for inoculation of all those 18 and older starting June 21, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday, announcing that the Center will take over the 25 percent of the state procurement quota.
Stating that the vaccine supply would increase significantly in the coming days, the prime minister said that the Center has decided to buy 75 percent of the jabs from vaccine manufacturers for free supply to states, while sector hospitals private will continue to acquire the remaining 25 percent cent.



Original source

government-orders-44-crore-doses-of-covishield-covaxin-india-news

ABOUT THE AUTHOR