|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

Covaxin reached 30 cities in 30 days: Bharat Biotech | India News

img-responsive

HYDERABAD: Covaxin, the indigenously developed Covid-19 vaccine, has reached 30 cities in 30 days despite the fact that quite a few employees have been affected by SARS-CoV-2, a senior company official said Tuesday.
“Covaxin reaches 30 cities in 30 days. All of our employees are engaged, working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through shutdowns for the country’s immunization… Some are still in quarantine and out of work, ”tweeted Bharat Biotech Deputy General Director Suchitra Her.

She also tweeted the list of cities that Covaxin has reached through private hospital dispatches including subways and Tier 1 cities such as Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune.
The list of cities where Bharat Biotech has supplied through private hospitals also includes smaller cities such as Amritsar. Calicut, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Goa, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Jaipur, Jalgaon, Kanpur, Khammam, Kochi, Mohali, Mysore, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida, Raipur, Shimoga, Vijayawada, Vizag and Warangal.
She has been providing regular updates on Covaxin’s direct shipping status to states and private hospitals, which began May 1 when the Center’s liberalized vaccination policy went into effect.
Bharat Biotech had started direct shipments to six states (Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh) starting April 25 for its vaccination program and has been gradually increasing supplies to various states and hospitals. private.
Suchitra Ella had recently stated that of the total Covaxin production, 60% is supplied to the Center and of the remaining 40% almost half (20%) is supplied to state governments and private hospitals.



Times of India

covaxin-reached-30-cities-in-30-days-bharat-biotech-india-news

ABOUT THE AUTHOR