|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

There was no new confrontation in the Galwan Valley in early May: Indian Army | India News

img-responsive

NEW DELHI: Indian army on Sunday he dismissed reports of any kind of confrontation Galwan Valley between the Army and the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) beginnings of May.
The Indian Army firmly asserted that there was no confrontation and also said that sources claiming otherwise could be trying to derail the ongoing de-escalation process.
“A media report suggested a minor clash between Indian and Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley. It is clarified that no such clash between Indian and Chinese troops has occurred in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh in the former week of May 2021 as reported, ”the Indian Army said.

Furthermore, he wrote that the new report “appears to be inspired by sources who may be trying to derail the ongoing process for early problem solving in eastern Ladakh.”
On the incidents involving the Indian Army, he said clarification should be sought on the actual versions / positions of the incidents from authoritative sources and “do not base the reports on unsubstantiated input from third parties.”
India and China have held 11 rounds of talks so far after clashes in the Galwan Valley last year. While the troops partially withdrew on the northern and southern banks of Pangong Tso, there has yet to be a gradual withdrawal in the other friction areas in eastern Ladakh: Gogra, Hot Springs, Depsang and Demchok.



Reference page

there-was-no-new-confrontation-in-the-galwan-valley-in-early-may-indian-army-india-news

ABOUT THE AUTHOR