|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

Prioritize the vaccination of those who should receive the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine: Center to the states | India News

img-responsive

Prioritize the vaccination of those who should receive the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine: Center to the states | India News

NEW DELHI: The Center called on states Tuesday to prioritize vaccinating those who should receive the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine and reserve at least 70 percent of injections provided from the core group for that purpose. .
States have also been urged to minimize the waste of vaccine doses, the health ministry said in a statement.
Any waste greater than the national average hereafter will be adjusted from subsequent allocations to that state or union territory.
At a meeting held by the Union Health Secretary, Rajesh Bhushan, and Dr. RS Sharma, President of the Empowered Group on Technology and Data Management to Combat COVID-19, the urgent need to serve a large number of recipients awaiting a second dose of vaccine, with state officials to review COVID-19 vaccination status on Tuesday.
States were urged to “ensure that all beneficiaries who have taken the first dose have priority for the second doses,” the ministry said in the statement.
In this sense, states can reserve at least 70 percent of the vaccines supplied by the Government of India channel for the second vaccination dose and the remaining 30 percent for the first dose.
“However, this is indicative. States are free to improve this by up to 100 percent. State numbers on CoWIN have been shared with states for planning purposes.
“States were asked to conduct an awareness campaign to reinforce the importance of full vaccination with two doses of the vaccine,” the statement said.
Presenting details of the states that have ensured high coverage of priority groups (such as the population over 45, frontline workers, and health workers) and others, the Union Health Secretary urged states to ensure priority groups are vaccinated.
States have been transparently informed in advance about the COVID vaccines being provided to them from the Government of India channel. Visibility for the next fortnight is conveyed to them in advance to allow for better and more effective planning on their part, the statement read.
The next assignment for the period May 15-31 will be communicated to you on May 14th. It was noted that states can use the dose allocation information for the next 15 days to plan their vaccination sessions.
States were also urged to minimize vaccine waste, according to the statement. While overall levels have been lowered considerably, the Union Secretary of Health noted that there were many states that still needed to substantially reduce waste.
It was suggested to states and UT to retrain and redirect vaccinators to ensure prudent use of vaccines.
“Any waste above the national average going forward will be adjusted from subsequent allocations to that state and UT,” the statement read.
In this context, it was also noted that certain states may report negative waste because well-trained healthcare workers can extract maximum doses per vial than are generally assigned.
States were also informed about the acquisition of the “Outside Government of India” (OGoI) channel which has been opened in the Liberalized Vaccination Strategy Phase III.
In light of pending payments from states to private vaccine manufacturers, states were recommended to form a dedicated statewide team of 2-3 senior officers to coordinate with vaccine manufacturers on a daily basis and secure state government. supplies promptly, the statement said.
This team will also coordinate with private hospitals to facilitate their acquisition, thus maintaining the momentum of the general vaccination exercise in the state.
The CoWIN platform is also being modified to better reflect the changing needs of the vaccination exercise, according to the statement.
States can download a second report of doses due to better plan the completion of vaccination of target groups, according to the statement.
The District Immunization Officer and COVID Vaccination Center Manager can increase the session capacity based on demand and can also visualize the target group in their next sessions. Beneficiaries without relevant photo identification cards, such as seniors in nursing homes, etc., can also register, the ministry said.

FacebookTwitterLinkedinE-mail

Reference page

prioritize-the-vaccination-of-those-who-should-receive-the-second-dose-of-the-covid-19-vaccine-center-to-the-states-india-news

ABOUT THE AUTHOR