“90% of patients can recover at home”: the advice of the best doctors for people amid the rise of Covid | India News
AIIMS Director Dr. Randeep Guleria, Medanta President Dr. Naresh Trehan, AIIMS Professor and Professor of Medicine Dr. Naveet Wig, and Director General of Health Services Dr. Sunil Kumar, addressed issues related to the Covid situation in India and suggested actions that people should take amid the second wave.
These are the key messages from the best medical experts:
Director AIIMS Delhi, Dr. Randeep Guleria
– It is a mild infection (Covid) and only in 10-15% of people it worsens.
– Blood saturation above 90 is fine and there is no need for additional oxygen.
– Remdesivir is not a magic formula, it is administered only to patients who are hospitalized, have moderate to severe illness and whose oxygen saturation is below 93.
President Medanta Dr. Naresh Trehan
– As soon as your RT-PCR report is positive, I advise you to consult your local doctor with whom you are in contact.
– All doctors know the protocol and will start your treatment accordingly.
Professor and Doctor of Medicine AIIMS Dr Naveet Wig
– If we want to defeat the disease, we will have to save health workers.
– Many of the health workers test positive. If we save health workers, they can save patients. If we save both, only then can we save money. It is linked.
– To link all this we will have to break the chain, we will have to lower the number of patients.
– Our only objective should be to break the chain.
– All district officials should monitor the district’s positivity rate and try to keep it below 1-5%. Mumbai had a 26% positivity rate at one point, but after severe restrictions, it dropped to 14%. Delhi is struggling at 30%. We must impose strict restrictions.
General Director of Health Services Dr. Sunil Kumar
– 2020 brought a new virus and we were not prepared. GoI performed its duty responsibly and increased testing capacity.
– We must have faith that our government takes concrete and scientific steps with suggestions from doctors, microbiologists, epidemiologists.
– Do not focus so much on the news, watch only the selected news. There is a WhatsApp university going on. Pay no attention to it. Follow responsible behavior. This behavior must be followed by you, doctors, society and the media.
– There have been many rumors about vaccines. No serious side effect is attributed to them, it is insignificant. Proper vaccine behavior and Covid are two things that will help us break the chain