Strict New Covid Curbs in Maharashtra – Everything You Need to Know | India News
NEW DELHI: The government of Maharashtra announced tough new restrictions on Sunday to curb the alarming spread of Covid-19 in the state, including closing the weekend from Friday to Monday, as well as a nightly curfew.
The order comes amid a sharp rise in Covid-19 infections in the state in recent weeks. On Saturday, the state reported a record 49,447 new cases and 277 deaths.
Here are the new restrictions announced by the state government:
* Night curfew from 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Only essential services will be allowed during the period.
* Restaurants are only allowed for overnight parcel and takeaway services.
* All employees must work from home.
* The lock will be imposed every weekend from Friday at 8 pm to Monday at 6 am
* Car, taxi, buses to run with 50% capacity.