|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

Showdown on Twitter: India-China Disconnection Raises Debate | India News

img-responsive

NEW DELHI. The disengagement process between the Indian and Chinese armies that began on Wednesday on both sides of Pangong Tso has sparked a debate on the microblogging platform Twitter with many expressing contrasting views.
The disengagement process began after both nuclear-powered countries held the ninth round of talks on January 24 at the Moldo border point on the Chinese side of LAC in eastern Ladakh. After the 16-hour marathon meeting, India and China issued a joint statement in which they stated that they had agreed to push for an early disconnect in the disputed border areas.

This will be followed by the withdrawal of rival front-line troops from ‘sticking points’ if the gradual de-escalation plan does not derail as it did after the Galwan Valley skirmish in June last year.
Right after Defense Minister Rajnath Singh confirmed the development at Rajya Sabha, defense experts, former army officers, strategic thinkers and diplomats voiced divergent views.

Retired generals welcomed the development, giving credit to our brave soldiers for their tenacity.

Analysis: the soil situation

LAC moved west, says Col (retd) Ajai Shukla

Who wins this round?
It’s India advantage

No, it’s a win-win China, strategic commentator Brahma Chellaney feels

Have we avoided a war or is it too early for it?

Will India give up a position of strength in Kailash Range? Will it be another stab in the back from China?

Surrender Kailash, a mistake?

Others felt that India would not abandon the rank of Kailash

Focus on Despang, Pangong just a smoke screen created by China

Define LAC first, says ex-diplomat

Bottom line: Never trust China

Trust our commanders, they know best



Original source

showdown-on-twitter-india-china-disconnection-raises-debate-india-news

ABOUT THE AUTHOR