Showdown on Twitter: India-China Disconnection Raises Debate | India News
The disengagement process began after both nuclear-powered countries held the ninth round of talks on January 24 at the Moldo border point on the Chinese side of LAC in eastern Ladakh. After the 16-hour marathon meeting, India and China issued a joint statement in which they stated that they had agreed to push for an early disconnect in the disputed border areas.
This will be followed by the withdrawal of rival front-line troops from ‘sticking points’ if the gradual de-escalation plan does not derail as it did after the Galwan Valley skirmish in June last year.
Right after Defense Minister Rajnath Singh confirmed the development at Rajya Sabha, defense experts, former army officers, strategic thinkers and diplomats voiced divergent views.
Retired generals welcomed the development, giving credit to our brave soldiers for their tenacity.
Thaw in India China’s confrontation in Ladakh is a tribute to the synergy between military, diplomatic and political instruments … https://t.co/TGRl7v3fNb
– Lieutenant General Satish Dua🇮🇳 (@TheSatishDua) 1613021557000
The Indian Army and the PLA begin withdrawing any of the Pangong Tso banks, as agreed and decided during the ninth year… https://t.co/Htpqd5nZkj
– Lieutenant General Vinod Bhatia Retd (@ Ptr6Vb) 1612959706000
Analysis: the soil situation
Topic: China is moving 4 fingers (spurs) back past finger 8, while India is moving less than one finger back t… https://t.co/9CWR41QlzP
– UTKARSH K. SHAHI 🇮🇳 (@ukshahi) 1613055903000
LAC moved west, says Col (retd) Ajai Shukla
In the heights above Pangong Lake, India is restricted to the west of Finger 2/3. On the shore of the lake, China can now caress… https://t.co/57xDGHj7l6
– Ajai Shukla (@ajaishukla) 1613013156000
Who wins this round?
It’s India advantage
These words in parliament make it clear that the Finger area disconnection plan is an advantage for India: 1. PLA… https://t.co/Wj7YNsIXyU
– Manu Pubby (@manupubby) 1613021200000
The disconnect plan, as clarified by @rajnathsingh ji, is still ongoing. There is another meeting within the next 48… https://t.co/2ZCdkQQaow
– Major Manik M Jolly, SM (@Manik_M_Jolly) 1613026563000
No, it’s a win-win China, strategic commentator Brahma Chellaney feels
China “win-win”. He insisted on: 1. An agreement limited to Pangong 2. A buffer zone. The area of fingers 4 to 8 was contested… https://t.co/bRJLHpItUX
– Brahma Chellaney (@Chellaney) 1613031989000
Have we avoided a war or is it too early for it?
Very well negotiated separation agreement with China. We go back 1 step (finger 3), they go back 4 (finger 8). Bo… https://t.co/4JIctBhpT2
– Vikas Pandey (@MODIfiedVikas) 1613021487000
Will India give up a position of strength in Kailash Range? Will it be another stab in the back from China?
Reasons #China is interested in disconnecting: 1) Hope this will eventually result in a deal for India to v… https://t.co/awvDdptILe
– Minhaz Merchant (@MinhazMerchant) 1612968242000
… the ongoing mutual recoil of the tanks as a prelude to India’s Kailash Range withdrawal – with its advant on flat ground … https://t.co/XP0DTOJJ3s
– Brahma Chellaney (@Chellaney) 1613019489000
India’s ‘Chinese New Year’ Gift to the CCP: Decision to Vacate Dominant Heights of the Kailash Mountain Range Will Come Down … https://t.co/MIaD2CESZc
– Brahma Chellaney (@Chellaney) 1613107891000
Surrender Kailash, a mistake?
Leaving the heights of the Kailash mountain range (South Pangong Tso) will be a mistake before the complete disconnection in all sectors.… Https://t.co/PX8CLPcPOA
– Dr. APR 🇮🇳🍁 (@ drapr007) 1613020822000
Delhi Mistakes: 1. Vacando Kailash Range, our best bargaining chip, on first deal. Having achieved what … https://t.co/YezW7LOWP1
– Ajai Shukla (@ajaishukla) 1613111384000
Others felt that India would not abandon the rank of Kailash
My reading is that Depsang and CNN are the things that will be addressed in the next phase. I don’t see New Delhi vacati… https://t.co/DYaQi2jNL8
– Saurav Jha (@ SJha1618) 1613103412000
1. The Kailash range has always been with us and we use it as part of an aggressive stance. First of all, so far you have… https://t.co/xSga0ehLTD
– Major Manik M Jolly, SM (@Manik_M_Jolly) 1613050240000
Focus on Despang, Pangong just a smoke screen created by China
Talking about the mutual withdrawal of Pangong positions is just a smokescreen! From the very beginning, the royal army of China … https://t.co/2izMOvRhIO
– Ajai Shukla (@ajaishukla) 1612979982000
Define LAC first, says ex-diplomat
S q before from April 2020 there is no solution. Border agreements are no longer dissuasive. LAC will continue to be challenged. Ch… https://t.co/6angfNVJ2l
– Kanwal Sibal (@KanwalSibal) 1612969600000
1n Imagine the impression in China. They can keep pushing your claim because they refuse to even authenticate the group … https://t.co/8fNvX94yIh
– Yusuf Unjhawala 🇮🇳 (@YusufDFI) 1591367807000
Bottom line: Never trust China
Until August, the PLA was not even willing to discuss the withdrawal of F4. India undertook preventive operations to reach heights in… https://t.co/EFFJurOTo1
– UTKARSH K. SHAHI 🇮🇳 (@ukshahi) 1613055906000
Bottom line on China, as I keep saying: don’t trust, check, don’t trust yet. Any violation of the current terms … https://t.co/zAgzHUua5O
– Yusuf Unjhawala 🇮🇳 (@YusufDFI) 1613025650000
Trust our commanders, they know best
These deployments took place on the heights of Rechin La, Mukhpari, Rezang La. It shows how the tanks were only 100-150 ft ap … https://t.co/PHPzLyuIA2
– Nitin A. Gokhale (@nitingokhale) 1613043589000