India Border clashes with China: Indian and Chinese soldiers injured in physical fight near Naku La in Sikkim | India News
The Army on Monday, however, said it was “a minor confrontation” that took place in Naku La on January 20, which was “resolved by local commanders according to established protocols.”
Sources said the fight in Naku La took place after Indian troops defied the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) attempt to invade Indian territory. “Both sides brought in some reinforcements… there were injuries on both sides in the physical clash. But there were no shots. The situation is under control, ”said a source.
Clash of troops of India and China: live updates
The Naku La sector, located at an altitude of 5,270 meters, was also one of the original sites of confrontation when PLA troops stormed into Indian territory at multiple points in eastern Ladakh in early May last year.
Shortly after the first violent clash between Indian and Chinese troops on the north shore of Pangong Tso (Tso means lake) on May 5 and 6, another fight broke out in Naku La on May 9. Dozens of soldiers from both sides were injured in the two clashes, even as the two sides mobilized troops, tanks and howitzers along the 3,488 km long Royal Line of Control from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.
The protracted skirmish in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on June 15, of course, surpassed them all in terms of violence, with fatalities occurring for the first time in 45 years. India lost Colonel B Santosh Babu and 19 other soldiers, while China has yet to reveal the number of its casualties, though it did admit that a battalion commanding officer was among the dead.
Although the fighting of the troops in Naku La had died down after a few days, the fighting still continues at the “sticking points” in the areas of Pangong Tso, Chushul and Gogra-Hotsprings in eastern Ladakh.
India and China held the ninth round of corps commander-level talks on Sunday in another attempt to defuse tensions in eastern Ladakh, and New Delhi asked again Beijing for “complete disconnection and stress reduction” at all engagement sites.
However, there was no immediate official news about the outcome of the ninth round of military talks between delegations led by the 14th Corps commander, Lieutenant General PGK Menon, and the head of the Xinjiang Southern Military District, Major General Liu Lin. The meeting, which began on the Chinese side of the Chushul-Moldo border meeting point at 11 am on Sunday, continued until 2.30 am on Monday.
Watch Indian and Chinese soldiers clash at Naku La in Sikkim, wounded on both sides