|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

Two of the trio killed in Lawaypora were Loshkar OGW: J&K Police | India News


SRINAGAR: J&K police have cited “twice verified” digital evidence, including call logs, to refute claims that one of three suspected terrorists killed in an encounter with security forces in Lawaypora on the outskirts of Srinagar last Wednesday he was a student at the University of Kashmir with no link to any horror costume.
Aijaz Maqbool Ganie, whose family has alleged he was shot to death in a fake encounter, and another of the murdered youths, Ather Mushtaq of Pulwama, were “surface workers” running terrorist errands for the Pakistan-backed TRF, police said. on Friday.
According to the official version, a terrorist pipeline currently in police custody corroborated Aijaz’s association with Lashkar-e-Taiba member Faisal Mushtaq Baba, who was killed in a shootout with security forces at Meej in Pampore in June last year. Another turned out to be related to Hizbul Mujahideen’s commander Rayees Kachroo, who was shot and killed in a 2017 encounter, the statement said.
The third young man killed in Lawaypora, Zubair Ahmad Lone, was allegedly preparing for a terrorist attack and had traveled between Pulwama, Anantnag and Shopian in the days leading up to the encounter.
“As for the statements of the relatives of Aijaz, they were verified and contrasted. Verified digital evidence proves that Aijaz and Ather had gone to Hyderpora and then to Lawaypora. A background check on the duo revealed that they had both provided logistical support to the terrorists, ”police said.
Parts of Srinagar were closed on Friday in protest of the alleged fake encounter. Lal Chowk markets, including Residency Road, the Clock Tower (Ghanta Ghar), and Maisuma, were closed. Although traffic was normal, there was a strong deployment of security forces on the roads. In Pulwama and Shopian, the native districts of the slain trio, there was a shutdown for the second day in a row.
Former PDP Prime Minister and Chairman Mehbooba Mufti wrote to Lieutenant Governor Major Sinha, requesting his intervention to ensure that the bodies of the three youths were returned to their families. He also sought an impartial investigation into the encounter.
The Vice President of the National Conference, Omar Abdullah, tweeted: “MP Anantnag @masoodi_hasnain spoke with J&K LG @manojsinha last night and expressed his distress at the reports about Wednesday’s meeting in the HMT area in Srinagar. Mr. Manoj Sinha ensured an impartial investigation into the matter. (sic)”

Original source