|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

Do not dispute that the murdered youths were “terrorists”: J&K DGP | India News


SRINAGAR: J&K DGP Dilbagh Singh said Thursday that he has “no reason to dispute” what a senior army official had said about Wednesday’s encounter in which three “terrorists” were killed, but added that “the police will continue to investigate the allegations. of [fake encounter] made by their families ”.
The families have claimed that the meeting was “managed in stages” and insisted that the young people had gone to a university to submit forms. “I want to ask you what your children were doing at the meeting site if they had gone to submit forms.” Singh said in response to a query during a press conference in Jammu.
The security forces continue to maintain that the three youths, identified by their families as Zubair Ahmad Lone from the Turkawangam area in Shopian, Ajaz Ganai from Putrigam and Athar Mushtaq from Bellow in Pulwama, were Al-Badr terrorists. An Ak-47 rifle, along with several active hand grenades, was recovered Wednesday from the site of the nightly encounter in Lawaypora on the outskirts of Srinagar, have pointed.
The DGP also said that the Commanding General Officer (GoC) Kilo Force HS Sahi had mentioned that the trio had plans to carry out a major strike on the Srinagar-Baramulla highway and that they rejected repeated offers of surrender.
On Wednesday, Sahi had said that the murdered terrorists “had not yet been identified.” Police also admitted that the trio were not listed as militants. On this, Sahi said: “It is not important that all militants are included in the police list. When a person leaves their home to join, they don’t tell their parents. ”
Singh said that sometimes parents are not aware of the activities of their pupils. “Still, we will investigate the allegations made by their families. If we find something, we will investigate it, ”he said.
A partial closure was observed in two districts of southern Kashmir, Pulwama and Sopian, against the “fake” encounter. Furthermore, almost all major political parties have demanded an investigation into the incident. The internet was suspended Thursday in both districts as a precautionary measure.

Original source