‘It will make train travel more memorable’: Prime Minister Modi on new Vistadome tour coaches
A day after Railways Minister Piyush Goyal announced the completion of the 180 km / h speed test of the newly designed Vistadome tour coaches, Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared a tweet from the Railways Minister, saying that the journey by train will be more memorable, praising the “cutting edge technology”. of the new coaches.
“It is rightly said that Journey is better measured in terms of memories than miles. Take a look at the new Vistadome coaches from Indian Railways that will provide an unforgettable travel experience for passengers and ensure they truly have a journey to remember, ”Piyush Goyal tweeted, revealing the glimpses of the new coaches that come with glass on ceiling. with swivel seats, Wi-Fi facilities.
Here’s everything you need to know about Vistadome coaches and their upgrade:
1. Used on certain tourist routes such as the Nilgiri Mountain Railway Line, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, the Kalka-Shimla Railway, the Kangra Valley Railway, the Matheran Hill Railway, between Dadar in Mumbai and Madgoan in the Araku Valley as well as in the Kashmir valley.
2. This is completely made in India. These coaches have been manufactured by the Indian Railways comprehensive coach factory in Chennai.
3. The coaches and seats are designed in such a way that passengers can enjoy the outside view while sitting in the comfort of these coaches.
4. As part of their upgrade, the new coaches have been built on the LHB platform, which is more secure.
5. Observatory hall with a large window at one end.
6. Mobile phone charging socket for each passenger.
7. Entrance adapted for the disabled.
8. Information system based on GPS, CCTV surveillance.
9. Mini pantry for passengers.
10. Coffee maker, microwave oven, refrigerator in the service area.