The 10 coldest places in India right now
India is commonly known to the world as a country with high temperatures throughout the year. Even though that’s true for some places, India’s weather cycle has suitable seasons throughout the calendar, and during winters in some places, especially towards the north of the country, it becomes unbearably cold, so much so that the place to sometimes it is devoid of people. during that time.
These are the 10 coldest places in India right now:
1. Leh: The largest city and joint capital of the newly formed Ladakh Union Territory reported the lowest minimum temperature in the country at – 13 degrees Celsius. Ladakh became a UT in 2019 after the Center removed Article 370 that had granted special status to the former state of Jammu and Kashmir.
2. Keylong: Keylong, or Kyelang, is located in the northern part of the state of Himachal Pradesh and is located along the Manali-Leh highway near the intersection of the Chandra Valley, the Bhaga Valley, and the Chenab Valley. The city reported a low temperature of -7.7 degrees Celsius.
3. Pahalgam: Located in the Anantnag district of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Pahalgam is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country and also one of the coldest cities. It currently reports a minimum temperature of -6.6 degrees Celsius.
Four. Gulmarg: Another popular tourist destination located in Jammu and Kashmir, and one of the coldest places in the country throughout the year, Gulmarg is shrouded by snow-capped mountains during winters with temperatures that drop below freezing on a regular basis. The city reported a low temperature of -6 degrees Celsius.
5. Srinagar: The summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, home to the iconic Dal Lake and a tourist hub, Srinagar has also made a name for itself as one of those cities that stays cool all year round. The city reported a low temperature of -5 degrees Celsius.
6. Kupwara: The remote city of Kupwara is located in western Jammu and Kashmir, near the country’s border. It registered a minimum temperature of -4.5 degrees Celsius.
7. Kokernag: Kokernag is a sub-district city located in Jammu and Kashmir in the Breng Valley of Anantnag District. The city reported a low temperature of -4 degrees Celsius.
8. Qazigund: Qazigund, also located in the Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, stands at an elevation of 1,670 meters above mean sea level. The city also reported a low temperature of -4 degrees Celsius.
9. Sword: The village of Kalpa, located in the Sutlej River Valley in Himachal Pradesh, recorded a minimum temperature of -0.6 degrees Celsius. The town is also a popular tourist destination in the state.
10. Banihal: Located 35 km from Qazigund in Jammu and Kashmir, Banihal is a rural area that reported a minimum temperature of -0.4 degrees Celsius.