Universities and colleges in Uttar Pradesh to reopen from November 23
Universities and degree colleges in Uttar Pradesh will reopen from November 23, but only with 50% attendance of students based on the roster, according to guidelines issued by the state government.
The state government had notified these guidelines on November 17 for the reopening of universities and colleges, which have been closed since March in view of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.
Additional Chief Secretary, Higher Education, Monika Garg, in her order sent to all district magistrates and university registrars, said higher education institutions were asked to resume classes in a staggered manner to avoid overcrowding in schools. campus.
Classes can start with 50% attendance, the order said, adding that all students must wear a mask, use hand sanitizer and maintain social distancing to prevent the spread of the virus.
Know all the guidelines here:
1. According to the guidelines, universities and colleges must make provision for thermal scanning and hand washing for students and staff.
2. The vice-chancellors and directors were asked to establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) to manage the institutions.
3. To combat Covid-19, educational institutions can also establish an alliance with nearby hospitals, NGOs working in the health sector, etc.
4. According to the guidelines, parents are to ensure that their wards follow the health protocol while away from home. If a student is not staying well, parents should ensure that they do not leave their home. All students must download the Aarogya Setu app.
5. Students, teachers and staff who live in containment zones will not be allowed to enter the institutions, which are required to publish the Covid-19 helpline numbers.
6. At points of entry, educational institutions should avoid overcrowding students and allowing them to enter through a disciplined line. In the classroom, students will be seated 6 feet apart and will not be allowed to share books, notes, and laptops.
7. Universities may reopen hostels where all health protocols can be followed. Students who have symptoms of Covid-19 will not be able to stay in shelters.
8. Dining tables should be avoided and hoteliers should be asked to eat in small groups. Students visiting common areas must wear a mask. The pools will remain closed.