|  | 


One day after the death of the rape victim in Bulandshahr, her family receives security cover


Family and village members of a teenage rape victim whose girl died Tuesday after the rapist’s family allegedly set her on fire in the Jahangirabad area of ​​UP’s Bulandshahr district were given security, authorities said Wednesday. .

The defendant’s family allegedly set the girl on fire after they failed to convince her family to opt for a compromise in the rape case, authorities said.

Bulandshahr District Magistrate Ravindra Kumar said the girl’s family was provided security as they feared a threat to their lives from supporters of the accused. Police arrested five of the seven people named by the girl’s family in their complaint. Raids were underway to arrest the remaining two, he added. Police had recorded a murder case against seven relatives of those accused of rape and their supporters in the complaint from the girl’s family on Tuesday night.

The district magistrate said that the family was paid immediate compensation of Rs 3.75 lakh under the Registered Caste and Tribes (Atrocity Prevention) Act and that additional compensation would be awarded under the law.

Kumar and Police Superintendent SK Singh visited the aggrieved family on Wednesday. Kumar said the family demanded adequate security and requested arrangements to bring the body to the village for the last rites.

The DM said officials were in contact with authorities at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital in New Delhi, where the girl died during treatment Tuesday night.

“An ambulance has been kept ready at the hospital to take the body to the village immediately after the post-mortem examination,” Kumar said.

He further said that the SSP had made “adequate” security arrangements for the last rites.

Three of the defendants were arrested on Tuesday and two on Wednesday.

A caretaker of an orchard allegedly raped the girl on August 15 and the police arrested him the same day. Her family members have been pressuring the girl’s family to make a commitment ever since. The jailed rape defendant’s uncle reportedly set the girl on fire on Tuesday morning after they failed to convince the family of a commitment.

The girl succumbed to burns Tuesday night.

View original