New Aadhaar PVC Card with Enhanced Security Features – Everything You Need to Know
The pocket verifiable identity card is available for a nominal fee of Rs 50. It’s easy to carry, more durable, and can be instantly verified online.
In a tweet, UIDAI said: “Loaded with the latest security features, your Aadhaar is now more durable, comfortable to wear, and instantly verifiable offline.”
#AadhaarInYourWalletLoaded with the latest security features, your Aadhaar is now more durable, convenient to transport… https://t.co/epjizmmjAT
– Aadhaar (@UIDAI) 1602479923000
“Your identity can now be verified offline instantly by scanning the QR code on your new Aadhaar PVC card from the mAadhaar app or authorized Windows scanner,” he added.
#AadhaarInYourWalletYour identity can now be verified offline instantly by scanning the QR code on your new Aadhaa… https://t.co/59pJ6LYjPp
– Aadhaar (@UIDAI) 1602653328000
The new Aadhaar PVC card comes with enhanced security features like QR code with photo and demographic details, hologram, micro text, ghost image, date of issue and printing, and has an embossed Aadhaar logo.
In case a person’s mobile phone number is not registered with Aadhaar, the PVC card can be requested using an unregistered or alternative phone number.
How to order Aadhaar PVC card:
* On the UIDAI website, go to ‘My Aadhaar Tab’ and select ‘Order Aadhaar PVC’
* In the new tab, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, 16-digit virtual ID or 28-digit enrollment ID and enter the security code.
* If your mobile number is not registered, select the check box and enter the alternative or unregistered mobile number.
* Click ‘Send OTP’ and enter it once you receive the OTP. The OTP will be valid for 10 minutes.
* Select the check box next to ‘Terms and conditions’ and click ‘Submit’
* Registered mobile device users will be able to view the Aadhaar card preview for verification. However, this function is not available if the mobile phone number is not registered.
* Make the payment and download the receipt.
* You will then receive an SMS with the 28-digit Service Request Number (SRN) on your mobile phone number.
According to the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) published by the UIDAI, a person will receive the printed PVC card within 5 business days of the request. It will be delivered by express mail services.
All forms of Aadhaar (eAadhhar, mAadhaar, letter Aadhaar, Aadhaar card) are equally valid. The resident has the option of using any of these Aadhaar forms issued by UIDAI.
The ‘Request Aadhaar PVC Card’ service is available online upon request to residents, similar to the ‘Request Aadhaar Reprint’ online service.