Coronavirus overview: developments in India and the rest of the world | India News
* Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Health Minister, said India has performed more than 15 million RT-PCR tests so far, and “we are now conducting more than 0.35 million tests per day with a projected amount to perform 1 million tests per day. ”
* President Ram Nath Kovind today in Rashtrapati Bhawan marked Red Cross relief materials for people affected by the floods and Covid-19 in Assam, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
* The Ministry of the Interior issued a notice for the Independence Day celebrations, requesting all government offices, states, governors, etc. that they avoid the congregation of public and use technology for the celebrations.
* Allahabad HC dismissed PIL seeking to remain in the Bhumi Pujan ceremony of the Ram Temple in Ayodhaya in light of the Unlock 2.0 guidelines. The statement noted that an estimated 300 people will attend this event in violation of the guidelines.
* All train tickets, including platform tickets, will now come with a QR code for contactless entry to stations and trains on airport lines.
* As Covid’s signs expand, doctors say partial symptoms should be taken seriously.
* About 400,000 airline workers have been laid off, suspended or told that they may lose their jobs due to the coronavirus.
* The Ministry of Civil Aviation has extended the limit on air ticket fares on national routes until November 24 or until new orders.
* Serum Institute of India plans to manufacture 2-3 million doses of the Oxford Covid-19 vaccine by the end of August.
* The Indian Premier League 2020 will be played from September 19 to November 8. Brijesh Patel, IPL President, said it will be a full-fledged tournament.
* The stability of the financial sector is a prerequisite for giving confidence to companies, investors and consumers, says the RBI governor. Extreme risk aversion will have adverse results for everyone, RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said in the Financial Stability Report.