|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

How the Bihar Regiment Soldiers Withdrew the Chinese PP-14 Observation Post in the Galwan Valley | India News

img-responsive

NEW DELHI: On the afternoon of June 15, the Commander of the Indian Infantry Division 3 with other high-ranking officers was at a post in India near the Y junction of the Shyok and Galwan rivers in the eastern sector from Ladakh while talks were held between the two countries. .

Indian security forces, including the 16th Bihar Regiment, were asked to ensure that the Chinese removed the post, after which a small patrol was dispatched to transmit the message, the sources told ANI.

Live updates from the ALC row

The Chinese observation post was manned by 10-12 soldiers who were told by the Indian patrol to leave there as agreed in high-level military talks between the two armies. The Chinese refused to do so even when the Indian patrol returned to their unit to inform them of the development.

This was when Indian troops with around 50 people and 16 Bihar commander-in-chief, Colonel Santosh Babu at the helm, continued to tell the Chinese to go further back into their territory as they were on Indian soil.

Meanwhile, when the first Indian patrol returned from the site, the Chinese had called for reinforcements from their rear positions in the Galwan River valley, which arrived with around 300-350 people.

Also read: Armed forces are told to confront Chinese aggression across LAC


When the Indian patrol arrived, the sources said, the Chinese had already gathered troops on higher ground around the observation post and had prepared the stones and weapons to launch an attack on the Indian troops.

When the two sides began to speak, the discussion became heated and the Indian side began to uproot its stores and equipment. The Chinese, who had already prepared for aggression against Indian troops, attacked the Indian side where their first attack was against 16 Bihar CO and Havildar Palani. After the CO fell, the soldiers lost control and began to attack the Chinese fiercely despite being greatly outnumbered and raining stones from the higher ground.

The fighting continued for more than three hours until late at night when several Chinese troops died or were seriously injured.

The next morning, when the situation calmed down relatively, the corpses of the Chinese troops lay out in the open and were handed over by the Indian troops, the sources said.

A total of around 100 soldiers participated in operations from the Indian side, while the Chinese had more than 350 people on site.

However, Indian troops had managed to uproot the Chinese position there at Patrol Point 14.

Shortly after the incident, the Chinese reinforced their positions near that location and had their offensive forces ready at the rear locations.

The sources said that, although outnumbered, the soldiers managed to eliminate the Chinese post that existed there in violation of agreements between the two sides.

Now talks at the Indian and Chinese Lt. Gen. level are being planned in the coming days in eastern Ladakh to further calm the situation in PP-14, PP-15 and PP-17A.

Original source

how-the-bihar-regiment-soldiers-withdrew-the-chinese-pp-14-observation-post-in-the-galwan-valley-india-news

ABOUT THE AUTHOR