|  |  | 

India Top Headlines

India China Border News: India Moves More Troops to Strengthen Front Line in East Ladakh | India News

img-responsive

India China Border News: India Moves More Troops to Strengthen Front Line in East Ladakh | India News

India has moved more troops to reinforce the front line in eastern ladakh (Representative image)

NEW DELHI: Indian Army has taken “necessary countermeasures” by further reinforcing troop reinforcements in the east Ladakh in the face of China’s continued aggressive behavior in four or five high-altitude locations along the unresolved border.
A few additional infantry battalions have been flown to Ladakh from other areas to ensure they can replace in “rear locations,” acclimatized troops have moved to places of confrontation with the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), sources said Saturday.
Some other units under the Leh-based infantry division (one division has 10,000-12,000 troops) have also similarly moved to “occupy their operational alert areas forward” from their “permanent depth locations” to serve any contingency.
The serious nature of the escalation can be measured by the fact that the army chief himself, General M M Naravane, visited Ladakh on Friday to assess the situation on the ground, as TOI reported.
But the diplomatic and military lines of communication are also kept open with China in an attempt to reduce the almost month-long troop confrontations on the north bank of Pangong Tso (Tso means lake), Demchok and Galwan Valley areas.
“However, the military stalemate persists until now,” said a source. In fact, there have been a few more fights between rival patrols since the strong violent clash on the north bank of the Pangong Tso sector left several soldiers on both sides seriously injured on May 5 and 6.
The Army, for its part, continues to keep its lips tight over what has become the gravest confrontation since the 73-day Doklam clash near the Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet junction in June-August 2017.
The fighting in the Galwan Valley, a flashpoint even during the 1962 war, has become particularly tense with an estimated figure of around 1,200 EPL soldiers launching between 80 and 100 tents and establishing other fortifications such as bunkers in three or four positions in “patrol point 14” and Gogra’s publication areas, which are ahead of China’s “claim lines” in the region.
Indian positions in the area, about 500 meters away, have also been reinforced to “match” enemy forces, the sources said. Although there have been similar incursions by Chinese troops in the past, such as the 21-day clash in the Depsang Bulge area of ​​the Daulat Beg Oldie sector in April-May 2013, the presence of the PLA much larger, with its behavior more aggressive.It’s something new this time. “It cannot be the job of local commanders … the instructions must have come from the top hierarchy of the PLA and its Western Theater Command,” the source said.
China is enraged at the completion of the 255km Darbuk-Shyok-BOD highway, which provides access to the Depsang area and the Galwan Valley while ending near the Karakoram Pass in India last year.
Troop confrontations on the north bank of Pangong Tso, as well as near the Galwan River, which are “well within Indian territory” and more than 110 kilometers away, arose after Chinese troops opposed the construction of small feeder link roads. there, as previously reported by TOI.
“China is upset with the rapid troop connectivity that the roads provide to India in the border regions of Ladakh. Furthermore, the EPL is being much more aggressive with its claim lines after India created the Union Territory of Ladakh after forking the former J&K state in October last year, “said another source.

Original source

india-china-border-news-india-moves-more-troops-to-strengthen-front-line-in-east-ladakh-india-news

ABOUT THE AUTHOR