Coronavirus overview: developments in India and the rest of the world | India News
NEW DELHI: With up to 376 new cases of COVID-19 reported in the past 24 hours, the Union Ministry of Health said on Wednesday that the increase “was not a national trend” and was primarily due to the travel of those who attended the Tablighi. Jamaat Congregation. The health ministry said that so far there are 1,637 cases of COVID-19 in the country, including 38 deaths.
Here are the best developments:
Here are the best developments:
- The Center has warned state governments and Union Territory administrations not to grant exemptions beyond the prescribed limit during the 21-day shutdown.
- The coronavirus pandemic is a reminder of the world’s interconnected nature and the need to adopt a global response, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in a message to his Chinese counterpart, Li Keqiang.
- Railways is struggling to provide information on thousands of passengers who traveled on five trains with people who participated in the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Delhi. All of these trains started from Delhi between March 13-19: Duronto Express to Guntur in Andhra Pradesh, Grand Trunk Express to Chennai, Tamil Nadu Express to Chennai, New Delhi-Ranchi Rajdhani Express and AP Sampark Kranti Express .
- Chief scientist of the Indian Council for Medical Research, R Ganga Ketkar, said 47,951 tests for COVID-19 have been carried out in the country to date.
- There are 126 laboratories in the ICMR network and 51 private laboratories have been approved for testing for coronaviruses, ICMR said.
- The CBSE will hold class 10 and 12 exams for just 29 core subjects that are crucial for promotion and admission to higher education institutions, announced Union Human Rights Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
- The MHA said more than 6.75 lakh of migrant workers have been sheltered in 21,486 state-established homes and union territories to contain their movement during the country’s closure.
- Tamil Nadu: As many as 110 people who returned to Tamil Nadu from Tablighi Jamaat gathered in Delhi tested positive for coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases in the state to 234.
- Kerala: Kerala reported 24 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of people under treatment in the state to 237.
- Maharashtra: A 51-year-old male patient with COVID-19 died in Maharashtra, with a total of 13 deaths, while the total number of positive cases in the state increased to 335.
- Rajasthan: Fifteen new coronavirus cases were reported from Rajasthan, with 13 of them detected in the Ramganj area of the walled city of Jaipur, bringing the count of infected people to 108 in the state.
- Uttar Pradesh: The state reported its first two coronavirus deaths with one victim each in the Basti and Meerut districts, as the total number of COVID-19 cases increased to 116.
- Delhi: Two resident physicians at the Safdarjung Center Hospital in Delhi tested positive for coronavirus infection, bringing the total number to 152, including 53 people who attended the congregation in Nizamuddin.
- Punjab: Five more people tested positive for the coronavirus in Punjab, bringing the total count of confirmed cases in the state to 46.
- Madhya Pradesh: Nineteen more cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Indore, bringing the total number of cases in the state to 85.
- Assam: A total of five positive cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Assam.
- Andhra Pradesh: Andhra Pradesh saw an exponential increase in the number of COVID-19 positive patients, with 43 confirmed cases noted on Wednesday, bringing the number to 87 in the state.
- Bihar: A total of 23 positive cases of coronavirus have been reported in Bihar so far, while one person died of the infection.
- Chandigarh: A 49-year-old Chandigarh man with no history of travel to any country affected by the coronavirus tested positive for the infection, bringing the number of confirmed cases to 16 on Union territory.
- Haryana No new COVID-19 patient was detected in Haryana, who has so far seen 29 cases of coronavirus.
- The United Kingdom reported its highest number of coronaviruses in a single day of 563, bringing the total number of COVID-19 deaths in the country to 2,352.
- A 13-year-old boy with no underlying health conditions has become the UK’s youngest victim of the coronavirus pandemic as the number of deaths from COVID-19 continues to rise across the country.
- The coronavirus pandemic has claimed more than 30,000 lives in Europe alone, according to a global count, in what the head of the United Nations described as humanity’s worst crisis since World War II.
- The United States is heading into “two very difficult weeks,” President Donald Trump warned, advising people to be prepared for the “difficult days” ahead.
- Iran’s death toll from the coronavirus exceeded 3,000, the health ministry said, as President Hassan Rouhani accused Washington of missing a “historic opportunity” to lift the sanctions.
- Japan will ban visitors from the United States, China and most of Europe, the prime minister said, as the country seeks to stem a recent surge in coronavirus cases.
- Up to 27 people have died from coronavirus in Pakistan, even when the number of confirmed cases in the country has reached 2071.
- Australia reported one more death from the deadly coronavirus, bringing the death toll to 21, while the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 exceeded 4,800.
- The number of deaths from coronavirus in Spain increased more than 9,000 on Wednesday after a record 864 deaths in 24 hours, and the number of confirmed cases exceeded the 100,000 mark.