Coronavirus overview: developments in India and the rest of the world | India News
NEW DELHI: Reiterating that COVID-19 is still in the local transmission stage in India, the Ministry of Health said on Monday that it took 12 days for infection cases to increase from 100 to 1,000 in the country and that the rate of increase it has been slower than some of the developed countries. Meanwhile, India has reported 1,071 COVID-19 cases and 29 deaths so far.
Here are the best developments:
Here are the best developments:
- Organizations involved in social welfare can play an important role in fighting superstitions and misinformation about the coronavirus, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said as he spoke to social workers via video conference.
- The Home Office has issued orders to Union states and territories that it is the personal responsibility of district magistrates to organize food and shelter for stranded migrant workers.
- With thousands of migrant workers walking back to their places of origin, the Supreme Court noted that panic and fear are becoming a “bigger problem than the coronavirus”, and requested a situation report from the Center on the measures taken to prevent exodus.
- Twenty-eight Army, Air Force, and Navy hospitals across the country have been designated as COVID-19 hospitals.
- A special flight from Afghanistan carrying 31 Indians, including diplomats and ITBP personnel, landed at Delhi airport on Monday and the passengers were sent to a quarantine facility created in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
- All central government departments have been asked to ensure immediate redress of public claims related to the coronavirus.
- The Railroad Board has instructed zoned railroads that they could be required to convert up to 20,000 cars into isolation rooms as part of their preparation to combat the coronavirus outbreak.
States and UT
States and UT
- Uttar Pradesh: Sixteen new positive coronavirus cases were reported in Uttar Pradesh on Monday, bringing the total number in the state to 88.
- Delhi: The Delhi government announced that students from kindergarten to class 8 will be promoted to the next class in the national capital. So far, 72 cases of coronavirus have been reported.
- Rajasthan: Seven of the Iranian evacuees who landed in Jodhpur recently, plus three others, tested positive for coronavirus in Rajasthan, bringing the total number of infected people in the state to 69.
- Maharashtra: A 52-year-old COVID-19 patient died in Pune, bringing the death toll from the viral infection in Maharashtra to nine.
- Chandigarh: Five more people tested positive for coronavirus in Chandigarh, bringing the total count of confirmed cases to 13 in the Union Territory.
- Punjab: A 65-year-old Mohali resident tested positive for coronavirus on Monday, bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 39 in Punjab.
- Kerala: 32 new cases of coronavirus reported in Kerala, bringing the total number in the state to 213.
- Karnataka: The total number of COVID-19 cases in Karnataka has risen to 88 after five more people tested positive.
- J&K: Four other positive coronavirus cases were reported in the Union Territory, bringing the total number to 43.
- More than 727,080 cases of infection and 34,610 deaths have been recorded in 183 countries and territories since the coronavirus epidemic began in China in December, according to an AFP count.
- The coronavirus pandemic has killed more than 25,000 people in Europe.
- The official death toll from Iran’s coronavirus reached 2,757 and the number of infections exceeded 40,000.
- The total number of coronavirus cases in Spain increased to 85,195 on Monday and the number of deaths increased to 7,340.
- Australian Prime Minister announces a $ 130 billion package to support wages when coronavirus deaths reach 18.
- Israeli Prime Minister is quarantined after an assistant tested positive for coronavirus.
- The President of the United States, Donald Trump, says that the maximum death rate from coronavirus in the United States, probably in 2 weeks, extends the patterns of social distancing until April 30.
- Prince Charles of Great Britain emerged from self-isolation seven days after it was confirmed that he had tested positive for coronavirus.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan plans to announce a comprehensive roadmap to ensure uninterrupted food supplies across the country, as the number of coronavirus cases increased to 1,664.