Narendra Modi’s speech today: PM Modi announces 21-day closure in India from midnight | India News
Here are the highlights from his Tuesday night speech:
* PM thanks the nation for the success of ‘Janta curfew’ on March 22
* The nation united for the Janta curfew
* The coronavirus has extended the resources even of the developed nations.
* Social distancing is the only way to stop the coronavirus, please stay indoors.
* Some have the illusion that social distancing is only for those who have the infection
* India will have to pay a high price if social distancing is not respected
* The whole country will be closed from midnight tonight
* The total ban on moving houses from midnight tonight will be applied more strictly than the Janta curfew
* The 21-day blockade will apply nationwide
* 21 days of isolation much needed to break the coronavirus chain
* 21 days blockade, if not effectively applied it will delay the country in 21 years
* There is an invisible ‘Lakshmanrekha’ at everyone’s door
* Coronavirus affected the first 100,000 people in 67 days, but the next 100,000 in just 11 days
* The next 100,000 were infected in just 4 days
* This is enough to understand how quickly it spreads
* Italy, USA USA With better health infrastructure they have struggled to cope with the outbreak
* We need to learn from the countries that have successfully mitigated the crisis.
* These countries were able to stop the spread with a strict blockade
* Whatever happens, we should not leave our houses
* This is true for villagers in remote regions, and also for the nation’s Prime Minister.
* We are at the crossroads when our decisions will decide how effectively we treat the situation
* I appeal with my hands together, stay in their homes and reflect on all those people who face difficulties to keep it safe.
* Think of the doctors, paramedics, ambulance drivers who are at the forefront of the fight.
* The police, those who work in the media have to be outside working, think of them
* We have made every effort to guarantee the supply of essential goods
* Maximum priority to measures that guarantee the safety of people’s lives.
* The center has assigned Rs 15,000 cr for the coronavirus battle
* Isolation rooms and beds, fans and other arrangements to be made with this amount
* I am glad that the private sector has come to the aid of the nation’s people.
* Do not take any medication without the advice of doctors.
* Improper treatment can be life threatening.
* I am sure that the Indians will be victorious in this battle
* Take care of yourself and your loved ones