Narendra Modi: Janata curfew, avoid panic buying, stay home: 9 key PM Modi messages for Indians | India News
In his speech to the nation, the Prime Minister asked people for their cooperation in dealing with the pandemic and urged them to fulfill their responsibilities. Here are the nine things that the Prime Minister asked citizens:
1. Every Indian must be vigilant. Avoid leaving your homes until it is absolutely essential.
2. Those over 60 years old must stay alone inside their homes.
3. Obediently observe the ‘Janata curfew’ on Sunday, March 22, from 7am to 9pm.
4. At 5pm on March 22, Janta curfew day, from your homes, express your gratitude to those who work 24 hours to keep India healthy (such as doctors, nurses, paramedics, municipal staff, forces armed, airport personnel)
More about Covid-19
5. Avoid going to hospitals for routine checkups. If there are surgeries that can be postponed, please do it kindly.
6. Formation of the Economic Response Task Force COVID-19 under the leadership of the Minister of Finance to comprehensively analyze ways to boost the economy.
7. Do not reduce the wages of those who work in your homes, support staff and drivers, gardeners.
8. Don’t let yourself buy panic. India has sufficient food supplies and rations.
9. Stay away from rumors.