Indian coronavirus: even Indians from the EU, Turkey, UK banned entry | India News
The government has also extended the mandatory quarantine by a minimum of 14 days for passengers coming to or transiting the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait.
On Monday, the health ministry reported 114 confirmed positive cases of Covid-19. Of these, 13 cases are cured, while two patients with comorbidities died. The total of 114 positive cases include 97 Indians and 17 foreigners.
Referring to the EU, EFTA, Turkey and the United Kingdom, the new travel notice stated: “No airline will board passengers from these nations to India with effect from 1200 GMT on March 18. The airline will enforce this at the initial port of departure. “The decision was made after a meeting of the group of high-level ministers (GoM) on Monday.
A senior airline official said: “Right now, given the restrictions, the option for people to travel between India and Europe / UK / Turkey includes flying first to the Far East, to Thailand (Thailand), Singapore (Singapore Airlines ), Malaysia (Malaysia) or Bangladesh (Biman to London), Colombo (Sri Lanka to London). They can also use Gulf carriers and Aeroflot (taking connections from Moscow). Some of the options will mean quarantine upon return. “Options for the US are nonstop from Air India and United (they will soon announce a 50% truncated network). A senior AI official said the airline will suspend its flights to the Kingdom. Joined on March 18.
Last week, the government suspended almost all visas and even passenger traffic at various border checkpoints to further protect the import of infected cases from abroad. The move came in the wake of the increase in Covid-19 cases worldwide and the World Health Organization declared it a global pandemic.
More about Covid-19
International travelers with symptoms associated with Covid-19 who have so far entered India have also been advised of a home quarantine where they are monitored for more serious indications. Government-appointed travelers from affected countries must be quarantined at an official facility. Depending on rules and protocols, travelers are quarantined at Army facilities or advised to isolate their homes.
In addition to the travel-related instructions, which will be in effect until March 31 and will be revised later, the government also proposed “social distancing measures” as a preventive strategy. This includes the closure of all educational institutions, gyms, museums, cultural and social centers, swimming pools and theaters. This is the nature of warnings for states, but it is intended to achieve uniformity of action and to underscore the need to curb large congregations.
The private sector has been encouraged to allow employees to work from home whenever possible and for meetings to be held via videoconferencing to prevent people from meeting unless necessary.
“The contact tracing activity of these positive cases has led to the identification of around 5,287 people, who are being kept under close observation,” said joint secretary of the health ministry, Lav Agarwal. In addition to these contacts, another 40,000 people are under active community surveillance.
Responding to calls for more tests, the government maintained that “there was no need to panic unnecessarily and perform unnecessary tests” as India was still in Stage II with limited localized transmission of the virus. Aggarwal said the travel restrictions were further tightened to prevent the spread of Covid-19 from high-risk areas.
As a preventive measure, local authorities have been advised to maintain a dialogue with “opinion leaders and religious leaders to regulate mass gatherings and should not guarantee overcrowding or at least a meter of distance between people.”
Local authorities have been asked to instruct trade associations and other interested parties to regulate hours, set out what should and should not be done, and carry out communication campaigns in markets such as sabzi mandi, anaj mandi, bus depots, railway stations and post offices where essential services are provided. are provided.
Similarly, organizers of sporting events and competitions are encouraged to postpone such events. Restaurants must ensure the handwashing protocol and proper cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. The Ministry of Health also activated a toll-free 24×7 national hotline, 1075, to handle inquiries related to the infection on Monday. The previous helpline number, 011-239 78046, will also remain operational.