If it’s in my bow, I back up: Hardik Pandya after breaking 39-ball 105 | Cricket News
Hardik was at his best brutal moment when he hit eight quarters and 10 huge six in the way of his blitzkrieg when Reliance 1 published 252/5 in 20 overs. After the innings, Hardik said he is happy with the way he is forming after being out of the game for almost six months.
“It’s fantastic (platform) for someone like me. I’ve been out for almost six months. This is my second game after a long time. For me it’s a good platform to see where I am currently and to test my body. I’m really happy with the the way things have gone, “Hardik said.
In his great dexterity, the 26-year-old added: “If he is there in my bow, I simply go back and go for him. Most of the time, it goes pretty well. There is no plan I go to. To go out and crush him.” .
Pandya showed his general skills with a 38-of-25 hit to help his team score 150 for eight in their 20 overs in the first game as well.
Pandya underwent surgery after suffering a lower back injury five months ago and has since been on the road to recovery. He could not be fit in time for the New Zealand tour, but began bowling at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bangalore after returning from a check in the United Kingdom.
The all-terrain last played a T20I against South Africa in Bangalore in September last year. India faces the Proteas again in three days from March 12 in Dharamsala. The second ODI will be held in Lucknow on March 15, followed by the final in Kolkata on March 18.