The president of the United States, Donald Trump, in Delhi: key points | India News
Here is a look at the key developments since the second day of Trump’s visit:
Live updates: Donald Trump’s visit to India
Trump addresses mediapersons
- The president of the United States said he discussed the issue of religious freedom with Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his extensive talks and said that Prime Minister Modi wants people to have this freedom.
- When asked if he discussed the violence of Delhi with Prime Minister Modi, Trump said he did not discuss the individual attacks and “that depends on India.”
- Trump said he talked about his country’s peace agreement with the Taliban with Prime Minister Modi, and that India would like to see it happen, he added.
- The president of the United States again offered mediation on Kashmir. and said: “Anything I can do to mediate or help, I would do it.”
Trump meets with business leaders
- The president of the United States, Donald Trump, met with the main business leaders of the country at the United States embassy in an attempt to boost deeper commercial and commercial relations between the two nations.
- Trump promised to reduce more regulations in his country while seeking investments abroad to boost the US economy.
- Trump told business leaders that the stock will rise more if he is re-elected, but “if I don’t win, you’ll see a collapse like I’ve never seen it before.”
- Trump said his administration planned to announce tax cuts for the middle class in the not too distant future.
Indo-American people-driven, people-centered ties: PM Modi
- This is the fifth meeting between President Trump and me in the last eight months. You will always remember the historic and unprecedented welcome of President Trump in Motera yesterday.
- It was clear once again that the ties between us are not only one between two governments, but are driven and people-centered.
- Person-to-person contact forms the basis of the special friendship between India and the United States. Whether professional or student, the Indian diaspora has a special role to play in the United States.
- In the last three years, there has been double-digit growth in bilateral trade and has also achieved stability.
- Globally, the corporation between India and the United States is based on our values and mutual democratic goals. This association plays an important role in the international order based on norms in the Indo-Pacific and world commons.
sit has been unforgettable, extraordinary and productive: Trump
- Melania and I have been amazed by the majesty of India and the exceptional generosity and kindness of the Indian people. We will always remember the magnificent welcome that the citizens of their home state (from PM Modi) gave us upon arrival.
- We discuss 5G telecommunications technology, situation in Indo-Pacific
- We finalize defense agreements worth $ 3 billion
- The visit has been unforgettable, extraordinary and productive.
Talks in the house of Hyderabad
- President Trump held extensive talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi covering the entire spectrum of bilateral relations, including key areas of defense, security, trade and investment.
- During their talks at the House of Hyderabad, the two leaders are expected to deliberate on regional issues, including the peace agreement proposed by the United States with the Taliban, the situation in the Indo-Pacific, the threat of terrorism and the situation in the Gulf region.
- After the talks, the two sides will close defense agreements worth around $ 3 billion.
- The agreements will include the acquisition of 24 Romeo MH-60 helicopters by India from the United States for $ 2.6 billion. Another contract to acquire six Apache AH-64E helicopters for $ 800 million from the United States is also on the table.
Triumphs pay tribute in Raj Ghat
- The president of the United States, Donald Trump, accompanied by First Lady Melania Trump, visited Raj Ghat on Tuesday and paid tribute to Mahatma Gandhi. They also put a wreath of flowers on the Gandhi samadhi.
- Trump also wrote in Raj Ghat’s guestbook. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri was seen standing next to him.
- Trump and the First Lady also planted a tree in Raj Ghat.
Ceremonial welcome in Rashtrapati Bhavan
- In the morning, the president of the USA. UU. And the First Lady arrived at the Rashtrapati Bhavan to receive a welcome ceremony, where they were received by President Ram Nath Kovind, his wife and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. An honor guard was presented to the president of the United States in the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
On Monday, the Trump arrived in Ahmedabad around noon for the first stage of their 36-hour visit to India. The president of the United States was entertained at the largest cricket stadium in the world at the “Namaste Trump” event and was cheered by tens of thousands of people. From Ahmedabad, he and his delegation traveled to Agra, where they visited the Taj Mahal. The president of the United States arrived in the national capital around 7.30 pm on Monday.