Trump’s visit to India: President of the United States, Donald Trump, arrives in India: highlights | India News
These are the highlights of Trump and Modi Day in Ahmedabad:
The president of the United States, Donald Trump, addresses
the event ‘Namaste Trump’
* The president of the United States began his speech by greeting the “Namaste” crowd.
* Trump thanked Prime Minister Modi for the warm reception that Indian dignitaries gave to the first American couple. He said: “We will always remember this remarkable hospitality. We will always remember.”
* The president of the United States said: “The United States loves India, the United States respects India and the United States will always be a faithful and loyal friend to the Indian people.”
* Congratulating the trip of Prime Minister Modi to be a “tea walah” to become the Prime Minister, Trump said that people love Modi and added: “… but I will tell him that it is very hard.”
* Trump spoke about the historical Indian leaders Swami Vivekananda and Sardar Vallabhai Patel. He also talked about Bollywood, praising iconic movies like Sholay and DDLJ. Trump applauded India for its great cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli.
* The president of the USA UU. He talked about the US army defeating the “bloodthirsty murderers of ISIS” and the “Al Baghdadi monster.”
* Trump said that India-United States will sign a US $ 3 billion trade agreement and that the United States hopes to “provide India with some of the best and most feared military equipment on the planet.”
PM Modi addresses the ‘
Namaste Trump event
* Prime Minister Modi began his speech with chants of ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ followed by applause for relations between India and the United States.
* Prime Minister Modi “wholeheartedly welcomed” the president of the United States, Donald Trump, and the first lady of the United States (FLOTUS), Melania Trump, to “the world’s greatest democracy.” He said: “This is Gujarat, but the whole country is excited to welcome you.”
* Prime Minister Modi in his speech underlined the continued empowerment of relations between India and the United States.
* The prime minister who welcomed the first US family. UU. He individually commended the work done by Melania Trump, Evanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner for the growth and development of the United States.
The first couple visits the Ashram of Sabarmati
* Upon leaving the airport, the president of the United States along with the First Lady went directly to Mahatma Gandhi’s Ashram Sabarmati. The first couple in the United States, as the president of the United States speaks popularly. UU. And his spouse, wearing the traditional Indian scarf, was seen posing for the iconic ‘charkha’ synonymous with Mahatma Gandhi.
* The president of the United States also signed the guest book at the Sabarmati Ashram.
* “To my great friend Prime Minister Modi … Thank you for this wonderful visit!” the president of the United States wrote in the Ashram guestbook. Interestingly, Mahatma Gandhi was not mentioned in Trump’s note.
* The first couple also posed with the statue of the “three monkeys”.
Roadshow of the president of the United States to the Motera stadium
* On his way to Sardar Vallabhai Patel Stadium in Motera, Ahmedabad, Trump’s ride was met by people greeting and welcoming the president of the United States. People clapped on the ride during the 22 km from the airport to the stadium.
* Sardar Vallabhai Patel Stadium, popularly known as Motera Stadium, is the largest cricket stadium in the world with a capacity of over a thousand people. The wonder of newly built infrastructure is the place for the “Namaste Trump” event.
* Upon arriving at the Motera stadium, the first couple was received by Interior Minister Amit Shah, along with other ministers.
PM Modi welcomes US President Donald Trump at the airport
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi hugged and welcomed the president of the United States, Donald Trump, who arrived Monday morning with his wife Melania Trump.
* While Trump was seen wearing a bright yellow tie, the First Lady of the USA. UU. Dressed in a white jumpsuit with a green scarf around her waist, she warmly shook hands with the prime minister.
* At the airport, the president of the United States was also seen greeting his daughter Ivanka Trump, who is also in India along with her husband Jared Kushner.
* The triumphs accompanied by PM Modi walked to his ride in the middle of music and dance performances organized at the airport for his welcome.