New Delhi, Sep 4 (): Candidates appearing for Indian Forest Service Examination are notified that the UPSC has introduced a new pattern from the current year of 2013 by including a component of screening mechanism through civil services (preliminary) examination.
Candidates willing to apply for Indian Forests Service Examination have to appear in the civil services (preliminary) examination and move towards the second stage of Indian Forests Services Main Examination ( written and Interview).
Model prepared by the UPSC for Forest Service Exam is given below. There are two main stages for the Indian Forests Service Examination such as:
1. Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam (Objective type) –Exam Pattern
Exam for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam will comprise of two mandatory papers of 200 marks each. Candidates will be given two hours duration for the exam.
2. Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam (Written and Interview)-Exam Pattern
|Paper I||General English (300 marks)|
|Paper II||General Knowledge (300 marks)|
|Paper III,IV, V, VI||Candidates have to select any two subject from the list of the optional subjects|
List of optional subjects
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
UPSC IFS exam 2013 Important Notification
1. For Indian Forest Service Examination, there will no changes in the eligibility of the candidate.
2. Applications of candidates are now invited only for Preliminary Examination.
3. Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination by the Commission will have to apply again.
4. Online Application Form for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will be available on the official website of the Commission after the result declaration of the Preliminary Examination.
5. Main Examination will likely take place in the month of September/ October, 2013
For additional details candidates are requested to visit the official website www.upsc.gov.in
.com wishes all the very best to all candidates!