New Delhi, Aug 12 (): Yet another ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops took place on Monday for the fifth time in the last three days targeting Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district which resulted in heavy exchange of firing by the Indian troops, guarding the borderline.
Authorities expressed concern over the escalation of border clash as Pakistan troops opened heavy firing with small arms, mortar shells and rockets on Indian posts in Poonch and Durga Battalion areas. Defence spokesman S N Acharya talking to reporters said that it was yet another violation by the Pakistani troops along LoC. Acharya however said that there was no casualty reported in the Pakistani firing.
Pakistani troops which fired at 11 posts in Digwar, Mankote and Durga Battalion areas along the LoC in Poonch, continued for three hours and Army troops from this side had to strike back, said Mr Acharya.
Except a BSF Jawan who was injured in the firing, no major loss of life or damage were done to properties in the firing, said officials. The BSF jawan Pawan Kumar was hit by a bullet in his chest and legs and is admitted in the hospital.
Earlier on August 5 in a similar ceasefire violation by the Pakistani troops, Head Constable BSF Ram Niwas Meena of 200th Battalion who was injured in sniper firing on Narainpur BoP area in Samba district was reported to have succumbed to his injuries yesterday. A total of 57 ceasefire violations took place this year by the Pakistani troops, which is considered 80 per cent more than the corresponding period of last year.
Meanwhile, reacting sharply to the violation, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said that the violation of ceasefire in the LoC was intended to force India to respond. The chief minister further added that these violations were planned to help infiltration or divert attention from internal failures of Pakistan.