New Delhi, July 3 ():The Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) represented by the Government of India organizes admissions for the students of the country to UG degree programmes in engineering, architecture and technology courses based on the All India Rank obtained in Class 12/other qualifying examination as well as Joint Entrance Examination – JEE (Main).
The merit list for admission to CFTIs and the NRIs will be set by the CBSE which gives 40% weightage to class XII and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.
Details about seat allotment in GFTIs/SFTIs through CSAB 2013
1. CBSE and CSAB are two different and autonomous boards
2. JEE (Main) examination is conducted by the CBSE which declares the merit list
3. For seat allocation, the CSAB uses only the merit list published by CBSE
4. CSAB cannot be held responsible in case of any miscalculation either in marks or in merit ranks of JEE (Main) -2013.
5. Both government and private institutions take part in seat allocation through CSAB
6. Based on JEE (Main) All India Ranks of the candidates provided by CBSE, seats in CSAB will be allocated. No other rank other than this will be considered for seat allocation.
According to the announcement made by the apex body (Joint admission board) of the IIT admission, seat allocation of CSAB -2013 will be as below:
1. A candidate will not be eligible for any further rounds in CSAB including Spot Round and Extra Spot Round, if she/he rejects a seat allocation in CSAB.
2. A candidate will not be considered for any future rounds of CSAB seat allocation including Spot Round and Extra Spot Round, if she/he withdraws from CSAB after being provisionally admitted to an Institute.
3. Personal Data along with bank details will be required at the time of online registration in CSAB website.
4. Candidates are requested to carefully choose their institutes and branches as money will not be returned back if anyone decides not to join the allocated institute.
5. If seat is allocated to a candidate in Spot Round the collected fee is non-refundable.
6. In case there is no seat allocation, collected fee will be refunded to the candidate by CSAB.
The Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB 2013) will be conducting the JEE Main 2013 Counselling for all the NITs, the IIITs, CFTIs and SFTIs.
The counselling procedure of JEE Main 2013 entails the process of applications by candidates to various institutions, call letters, verification and admissions.
As per the guidelines set down by the universities/institute, candidates who fulfil all the specified criteria apart from the JEE Main 2013 scores will be eligible to apply for the counselling of JEE Main 2013.
Cut-off for total scores to fill up the choices for Counselling for B.E/ B.Tech. & B.Arch/ B.Planning
62 marks- Common Merit List (CML) Category
59 marks- OBC-NCL Category
32 marks- SC/ST/All PwD Category
Dates for counselling, seat allotment and admission
|JEE Main All India Ranks Announcement||July 1, 2013|
|Online registration at CSAB 2013||July 1 to 5, 2013 till 5 pm|
|Filling of choices||July 1 to 8, 2013 till 5 pm|
|Locking of Choices||July 6 to 8, 2013 till 5 pm|
|Round 1- Allocation of Seat||July 9, 2013|
|Document verification at Reporting Centres||July 9 to 12, 2013|
|Round 2 -Seat Allocation/ seat upgradation of round 1 allottees||July 13, 2013|
|Round 2 – Document verification at reporting centres||July 13 to 16, 2013|
|Last date for withdrawal||July 16, 2013 till 4 pm|
|Final seat allocation (Round 1 & 2)||July 17, 2013|
|Vacancy –Spot & extra Spot rounds||July 17, 2013|
|Registration, choice filling, locking for Spot & extra Spot rounds||July 17 to 20, 2013|
|Seat allocation for Spot & extra Spot rounds||July 21, 2013|
|Admissions/Reporting at allotted institutes||July 22 to 26, 2013|
For more details candidates have to log onto the official website – http://www.csab.in
.com wishes good luck to all the candidates!