New Delhi, May 8 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid today said there was no deal between India and China for ending the 21-day stand-off between the armies of the two nations in Ladakh.
Khurshid, who was asked to comment on visit to China starting tomorrow, said ‘both countries will discuss the future and the leadership is committed towards that and the great things India and China can and must do together’.
Khurshid will pay a two-day official visit to China beginning tomorrow at the invitation of his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi.
The two ministers will discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of concern to both sides. They will also discuss the proposed visit to India of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
The face off in Ladakh had cast a shadow over Khurshid”s visit to China to prepare the ground for the new Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang”s visit to India from May 20.
The issue has now been resolved peacefully with the two sides agreeing to restore status quo along the Line of Actual Control in the western sector of the boundary, as it existed prior to April 15.
Diplomacy between India and China yielded results as Beijing agreed to pull out its troops from the Daulat Beg Oldi sector in Ladakh.
The nearly three-week-old stand-off between India and China over the latter allowing its troops to enter and occupy 19 kilometers of Indian territory in the Daulat Beg Oldi sector near the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh, ended last week, with both sides withdrawing their troops to previously agreed positions.
India had earlier asked China to maintain status quo on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Daulat Beg Oldi, which is located in northernmost Ladakh, is a historic campsite. It is located on an ancient trade route connecting Ladakh to Yarkand in Xinjiang, China. (ANI)