|  |  |  |  | 

Chennai Exclusive News Regional

Police arrests Anbumani Ramadoss for making provocative speech

Chennai, May 3 (): Former Union health minister and Patali Makkal Katchi leader Anbumani Ramadoss was arrested by the police today at his residence for his involvement in organizing a rally and making provocative speeches on May 5, 2012.

Ramadoss has been arrested for violating the condition of the police which was set for him while he conducted a youth conference meeting in Mamallapuram near Chennai. Police filed a case against the former health minister under several sections including 143, 147 and 188 of IPC, for his role to conduct an illegal meeting, causing unrest in the society, and disobeying a rule set by a public servant.

Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa held the PMK chief responsible for the violence that took place last week in Marakkanam near Chennai, in which two people were killed and twenty others were injured. Anbumani Ramadoss was arrested exactly three days after the arrest of his father PMK founder S. Ramadoss who was taken into custody for challenging the police while holding a protest in Villupuram.

Police have also slapped several charges against the former health minister including violating the rules while organizing a party event last year. Responding to his arrest Anbumani claimed that the arrest shows the government’s political vendetta. Though the PMK protested in a peaceful manner, it was being targeted by the state government, said Ramadoss.

Denying the   allegations, Ramadoss said that none of his party cadres had indulged in a riot since Tuesday after the arrest of the party leader and had caused damage to government buses and state-run liquor shops.

Violence arose in the northern and western belts of the state for the past three days in which PMK workers had indulged in stone pelting incidents and also caused damage to public property, protesting the arrest of its leader. Police alleged more than five buses and eight liquor shops were set on fire by the PMK activists after the arrest of its chief on Tuesday.