|  |  |  |  | 

National News Sourced Wired

Chinese incursion in Ladakh: Antony says India will take every step to protect interests

New Delhi, April 22 (ANI): Defence Minister A K Antony on Monday said that India would take all steps necessary to defend and protect its interests, especially at its borders.

Antony was referring to reports in the media about Chinese troops setting up a camp ten kilometers inside Indian territory in the Ladakh region.

According to reports in the media, several dozen Chinese soldiers have set up a remote camp in the Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) sector of eastern Ladakh. They erected a tented post there last week.

As per reports, a platoon-strength contingent of about 50 troops of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) came 10 km inside Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15.

Troops from Indo-Tibetan Border Police ( ITBP), which mans that stretch of the border, have also established a camp approximately 300 metres opposite to the location, the sources said.

The DBO, located in northernmost Ladakh, is an historic camp site and located on an ancient trade route connecting Ladakh to Yarkand in Xinjiang, China.

The Indian Government has till now played down the development, saying that territorial perceptions with regard to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) differ between the two countries.

The Indian Air Force has in recent years activated advanced landing grounds at DBO and two other places in eastern Ladakh as part of the policy to build military infrastructure along the LAC, in a belated move to counter strategic moves by China in the region. (ANI)

chinese-incursion-in-ladakh-antony-says-india-will-take-every-step-to-protect-interests

ABOUT THE AUTHOR