Washington, Nov. 28 (ANI): Prize-winning journalist and author Tom Ricks has once again clashed with Fox News, denying their claim that he had apologized to the network for his comments in an interview.
When the network interviewed him on Monday about this new book ‘the Generals,’ host Jon Scott asked the author to speak on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.
Ricks said that he thought the incident had been ‘generally hyped by [Fox News] especially’.
“I think the emphasis on Benghazi has been extremely political, partly because Fox is operating as the wing of the Republican Party,” he added.
According to the Huffington Post, at this point, Scott ended the interview with Ricks after about 90 seconds.
Ricks said he thought the interview lasted about half the length as originally planned. He also said that a Fox News staffer called him rude after the segment.
On Tuesday, Ricks and Fox News were still feuding, the report said.
Fox News’ executive vice president of news editorial Michael Clemente told the Hollywood Reporter that Ricks had ‘apologized in our offices afterward but doesn’t have the strength of character to do that publicly.’
Ricks denied that he ever apologized to the network.
‘Please ask Mr. Clemente what the words of my supposed apology were. I’d be interested to know. Frankly, I don’t remember any such apology,” in an email to the Hollywood Reporter, Ricks wrote. (ANI)