Mumbai, Oct 9 (): The much-awaited TV reality show Bigg Boss’s sixth season started on October 7 with a big bang. There were lot of speculations about the participants of the show for the past few months. The final list of participants was officially revealed just few hours before the season started on Sunday. Now, for the detailed look at the participants.
Here is the list of Bigg Boss 6 participants:
1. Navjot Singh Siddhu (48) – He is a cricketer-turned-politician, with a volatile cricket career from 1983-1999. He retired from cricket in 1999. Sidhu served as a commentator for Nimbus sport in 2001. He appeared as a judge on television programme – “Funjabi Chak De” and “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.” Sidhu won a BJP seat in Amritsar in 2004 elections.
2. Sana Khan (25) – She is a super model and film actress. As a model, she has appeared in nearly 30 ad films along with Akshay Kumar and Shahrukh Khan. Later, she appeared in few item numbers in Hindi films such as Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal and Bombay to Goa.
3. Brijesh Hirji (35) – He is a Gujarati drama artist and has also done successful movies like Tum Bin, Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein, Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai, Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai and Golmaal Returns. He hosted “THE MAN’S world SHOW.”
4. Sampat Pal (52) – She is a mother of five and a former government health worker. She is the founder and leader of the group called Gulabi Gang formed in 2006 as a response to the widespread domestic abuse and other violence against women.
5. Urvashi Dholakia (33) – She became popular by playing the villainous character, Komolika, in the Star Plus serial, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, which ran from 2001-2008.
6. Aashka Goradia (26) – She is a popular television actress among the television audience. Aashka has done some popular reality shows like Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla and Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi.
7. Dinesh Yadav – He is a popular face of music in Indian states like MP, U.P, Jharkhand and Bihar and has also acted in some big blockbuster Bhojpuri movies.
8. Sapna Bhavnani (41) – She is the hairstylist of MS Dhoni, Kohli, John Abraham and Siddharth Mallaya. She is also a producer, director, writer, photographer, DJ and an actress. Sapna does hair style to Sushma and Sameera Reddy, Koena Mitra, Dino Morea and Bipasha Basu. She has acted in movies like Pyar Ke Side Effects and Ugli Aur Pagli.
9. Delnaz Irani – She is an Indian television and film actor. She has worked with Bollywood actors including SRK, Shahid Kapoor, Salman Khan, Juhi Chawla, Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta, Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor. She was the host of Nach Baliye, a reality dance show with her husband Rajeev (23–29 October 2009). Delnaaz was married for 14 years with Rajeev Paul and then they split in 2010.
10. Rajeev Paul – He is an Indian TV actor known for his negative role in Balaji’s Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii. And he is the ex-husband of famous Indian television actress Delnaaz Paul, with whom he lived for 14 years.
11. Aseem Trivedi (26) – He is a controversial Indian political cartoonist and activist, best known for his anti-corruption campaign Cartoons Against Corruption.
12. Sayantani Ghosh (28) – She appeared in Naaginn – Waadon Ki Agniparikshaa, a serial on Zee TV in 2007. Sayantani won the Miss Calcutta contest and that ventured into Bengali films.
13. Model Niketan Madhok (29) – He is a model who has walked the ramp for famous Indian and International labels and at the Lakme India Fashion Week for a host of fashion designers including Rohit Bal, Aki Narula, Rocky S, and Ritu Kumar.
14. Model Karishma Kotak (30) – In 2006, Karishma took part in the “Lakme Fashion Week.”She has also done music videos for artists such as Jay Sean, Sonu Nigam and Apache Indian. She has now become the brand ambassador for Dove (shampoo) in India and has also appeared in a number of other commercials.
15. Kashif Qureshi (31) – He is the “common man”, who hails from the city of Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. He got selected via auditions held across India.
All the 15 participants, considered strangers for each other, will spend 90 days locked up together under the supervision of 74 cameras fitted around the house.