New Delhi, Aug 22 (): Sony has finally launched the Xperia ion, its first 4G LTE-compliant Android 4.0 smartphone, in Indian markets. The smartphone pre-loaded with Android 4.0 ICS priced at Rs. 36,999. This is the first phone without the Ericsson name, and was launched on March 1, 2012 in the other markets.
Sony Xperia ion is available in black and red colours. It features 4.5” TFT LCD screen HD Reality display with 720 X 1280 resolution 342 ppi. It has a powerful 12MP auto focus camera with zoom up to 16x digitally and LED flash in the rear and 1.3MP front-facing camera.
Xperia ion runs on a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor along with 1GB RAM. The connectivity options of the smartphone include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, microUSB 2.0, 3G and 2G.
Key specifications of Xperia ion:
• 4.6-inch TFT LCD screen
• 720 X 1280 resolution
• 1.5GHz dual-core processor
• 16 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
• GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 220
• Network: 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS/HSPA 850/900/1700/1900/2100
• 12 mp camera with auto-focus, LED flash, Exmor R sensor, 3D Sweep Panorama, Red-eye reduction.
• Front-facing camera (1.3 megapixel, 720p).
• Micro-USB 2.0, Wi-Fi with hotspot functionality, HDMI-Out, DLNA certified, Assisted GPS, Bluetooth, NFC.
• Supported video formats: 3GPP, MP4, H.263, H.264; Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, SMF, OTA, OGG.
• Compatible: GSM/GPRS/EDGE
• FM radio, 3.5 mm audio jack for headphones.
• 132 × 68 × 10.6 mm, 144 grammes.
• 1900 mAh battery with talk time of 10 hours in 2G and 4 hours in 3G, 12 hours of music, 3 hours of video.
It comes with an offer of free 3G data for 3 months and 200 minutes of mobile TV for two months, and the offer is valid till 30th November.
Prasun Kumar, Sony Mobile Communications Marketing said “With Xperia ion, we’re bringing together a seamless experience across the multiple screens that we use to play, watch, listen, and share.”