Pollution Has A Very Real Cost For People And Animals, And These Photos Prove It
It’s easy to think of pollution as a merely theoretical problem that doesn’t have an impact on life as we currently live it. Yet the hard truth is that the damage we’ve been doing to the environment already has had devastating effects on life throughout the planet, as it has for many years.
The following photos prove just how bad things have gotten. They may be hard to look at or think about, but hopefully, by understanding what the problem is, we can work towards solutions.
1. A discarded rubber band wrapped around this tortoise when he was a baby 19 years ago. Today, he looks like this.
2. Trash litters the Great Wall of China.
3. People have been dumping their trash in this river.
4. This bird is trapped inside this plastic bag.
5. This seal’s snout became stuck inside a discarded container and he couldn’t breathe or eat properly. Thankfully, he is now free!