New Delhi, Oct 18 (): Sony India launched Sony Xperia C phablet in the Indian market today for a decent price tag of Rs 21,490. This model was unveiled globally in June this year at Mobile Asia Expo. From October 17, the Xperia C will be available across all Sony Centres and major electronic stores across India.
Xperia C will compete against the likes of Samsung Galaxy Grand, Micromax Canvas 4 and the upcoming LG Optimus G Pro Lite. This phablet might also face a stiff competition Intex Aqua i7 and Gionee Elife E6.
Specifications of Sony Xperia C
- Size: 141.5 x 74.15 x 8.88 mm
- Weight: 153 grams
- Screen: 5-inch screen with 960 x 540 pixels and TFT display
- Memory: Memory up to 4GB/Expansion slot: microSD™ card, up to 32 GB
- RAM: 1GB
- Platform: Google Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)/ 1.2 GHz MTK6589 quad-core Mediatek processor
- Camera: 8MP rear camera with LED flash, whereas VGA unit is used in the front camera
- Connectivity options: 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB 2.0
- Power: 2,390mAh battery
- Colour: White, black and purple
- Sim: dual-sim
- Price: Rs 21,490
Xperia C has a regular look with a curved back panel and features colour-changing lights to visually alert users to incoming calls, text messages and alarms. It also permits users access to Sony’s suite of media applications.
A user can take a self-portrait with the main camera by allowing the smart voice guide to use voice commands that helps frame the shot. There is also a ‘Beauty Mode’ which provides users a way of softening skin tones to ensure that harsh lighting conditions or marks do not ruin the picture.
Sony is giving headphones worth Rs 1,490 with the Xperia C for free. It also offers six months of accidental damage protection with the handset. The company has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data usage for two months for this device.