New Delhi, Nov 24 (): Sony India has unveiled next generation hybrid ultra-book PC – VAIO Duo 11, at a price of Rs 89,990. The ultra-book runs on Windows 8 operating system and is powered by an Intel Core processor that would be available in Indian markets by end-December, 2012.
Earlier, Sony had globally showcased VAIO Duo 11 in August 2012.
The company says this is among the most stylish and compact all-in-one PCs we have ever seen. It has many features including a touch-screen, a battery and it has all the prime connectivity options like USB 3.0 and HDMI ports. The unique feature of Sony VAIO Duo 11 is ‘Surf Slider’ design, which helps the device to switch smoothly between Tablet and PC modes.
Sony Vaio Duo 11 also includes Bluetooth connectivity and Wi-Fi; it has an Ethernet port and a VGA port and Sony ships with the Pen which can be used as a stylus for input.
Key specifications of VAIO Duo 11:
- Windows 8
- Intel Core i5-3517U processor
- 11.6-inch Full HD touch panel
- 1920×1080 resolution with wide (16:9) aspect ratio
- 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM
- 29.4cm (11.6″) OptiContrast Panel
- 128GB SSD
- WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth® Ver. 4.0 + HS
- Ethernet (1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T x 1)
- USB 3.0 (x1), USB 3.0 with USB charge (x1); VGA out
- HDMI out; Memory Stick Duo / SD memory card combined slot
- Stereo speakers with xLOUD™
- Full HD 2.07 MP Cameras (x2, front and rear facing)
- Sensors (NFC, GPS, Accelerometer, Gyro, Digital Compass)
- Rotation lock button, optional extended battery pack, digitizer stylus
- Built-in 4,960mAh cell battery that lasts for about 4.5 hours
- Approx. 1.3 kg (with standard supplied battery)
- Approx. 320 mm x 17.85 mm x 199 mm
Shoji Ohama, Product Manager VAIO, Sony India says, “Android tablets are about ease of use and not about productivity while Windows is for both productivity and fast results.”
The company is also giving an option of sheet-type battery, which lengthens battery life to about 9 hours but will cost extra.