Ched Evans’s appeal against conviction in rape case dismissed

London, Nov. 7 (ANI): Footballer Ched Evans has lost his right to appeal against his conviction of raping a teenager in a hotel room in the UK.

The former Sheffield United and Wales striker’s case was rejected by three judges in a London court.

The 23-year-old was jailed for five years in April earlier this year on the charges of raping a 19-yr-old girl at a hotel room in North Wales during May last year, who was apparently drunk at that time.

Evans denied the offence but admitted having sex with her. However, the woman told the jury she had no memory of the incident, the Daily Mail reports.

According to the paper, Port Vale defender Clayton McDonald was also involved in the case, who admitted having sex with the victim, but was found not guilty of the same charge.

The prosecution said the woman, who was not named for legal reasons, was too drunk to consent to sexual intercourse.

The judges also threw out a bid by Evans to have his sentence reduced, the paper said. (ANI)

Submit your comment

Please enter your name

Your name is required

Please enter a valid email address

An email address is required

Please enter your message

TruthDive © 2014 All Rights Reserved