Pune, Sep 7 (TruthDive): Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has announced its expansion of dual SIM smartphone range with the introduction of two models yesterday.
At a press conference held in Pune, Vice president of Samsung Mobile, Asim Warsi said the launch of two dual sim smart phones `Galaxy Y Duos and Galaxy S Duos Lite’ would shoot up the growth and sales of dual sim smartphone market in India.
Both these models support dual-SIM. Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite is priced at Rs. 6,990 and Samsung Galaxy S Duos comes at the rate of Rs. 17,900.
Key specifications of Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite:
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Dual-SIM dual-active GSM (850 \ 900 \ 1800 \ 1900 MHz), dual band 3G (900 \ 2100 MHz).
- Screen size 2.8″
- 240×320 of pixel dimensions
- 2 MP front camera
- Bluetooth 3.0 + HS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b\g\n, USB 2.0
- Internal storage 4 GB
- Expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card slot
- 1200 mAh Li-ion battery, provides up to 15 hours of talk time and 410 hours standby time.
- Audio formats: AAC+e, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AAC++, AMR-NB, AMR, Enhanced AAC+, I-Melody, MP3, MIDI, OGG
- Video formats: AAC, 3GP, AAC+,AAC+V2, AMR-NB, AMR, H.263, H.264, eAAC+, MPEG4
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio with recording
- Colour – only white
- Price Rs. 6,990
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite has various pre-loaded apps such as Google Search, Chat ON, Play Store, Google Talk, Google Latitude, Google Mail, YouTube, Google+, Samsung Apps, Messenger and Social Hub.
Samsung joins with Reliance in offering Unlimited 2G data or 1 GB of 3G data free per month for six months for all customers.
The company is naming the phone as “Mera Pehla Smartphone“ in order to represent the smartphone as existing within reach of all with its low pricing.
Samsung’s Galaxy Y Duos Lite was recently seen at the company’s e-store. From its official e-store, the smartphone can be bought for pre-order paying Rs. 1,000 as advance payment.