Mumbai, Apr 22 (): The telecast of national award winner, Vidya Balan’s “The Dirty Picture” was blocked by the authorities on Sony TV channel on Sunday, April 22. The movie broadcast was banned by the officials as the story and scenes of the movie are not considered to be appropriate for family audience. The makers of the movie and Vidya Balan fans are in shock.
Tanuj Garg, CEO Balaji Telefilms said that it is unlucky that the movie got a legal U/A certificate certified by CBFC, with censoring “56 adult scenes” as said by the board; in spite of it the broadcast was stopped.
The film makers have already informed that they did 36 voluntary censors with 26 compulsory censors to make it appropriate for airing on TV and had also obtained a U/A certificate for screening.
The Dirty Picture earned the Bollywood actress Vidya Balan, National Award; in spite of it, the broadcast of the movie during prime time was stopped by the I & B, Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
There were announcements for nearly a month earlier about its broadcast on television. The movie was scheduled to be telecast by 12 noon and 8 pm on Sony TV today. Today’s leading newspapers too carried advertisements for the film.
However, the Information and Broadcasting Ministry ordered the channel to pull off the showing of the movie and so the TV channel instead ran scroll apologising to the viewers for trouble caused to them.
Earlier, the film was cleared for telecast by a Nagpur bench of Bombay HC where a petition had been filed against the showing of the movie during prime time, as the film had contents that were inappropriate for children.
The petitioners had also reportedly stated at Nagpur bench of the HC that watching the film with the minors would be uncomfortable for adults as it is scheduled to be telecast during prime time 12 noon and 8 pm.