Honorable US President Mr. Obama, US Secretary of state Mrs. Clinton, UK Prime minister Gordon Brown, Norway Minister Eric Solheim, most importantly UN Secretary General Mr. Ban ki moon,
Even after the SL government claims to have won the war, President Rajapakse is busy celebrating his victory, while the Tamils are struggling for their lives, living at the mercy of the Sinhalese prison guards, without food, water and medicine.
Yet, the IC, UN, Red Cross and all World Organizations are watching the happenings without any action.
If you could touch your heart and answer even one of these questions truthfully, you are justified to be in the seat that you occupy.
- What is stopping Mr. Rajapakse from allowing international help to reach the affected area? Is it because he needs his people to clear up all evidences to the genocide, in the name of clearing land mines?
- Why is there no Tamil in the Srilankan Army? Can those aristocrats in Delhi, Washington, London, France care to answer or comment.
- Weren’t the TNA MPs democratically elected? Then why is that their input is not taken into consideration in any of the decisions taken by the World Organizations?
- Millions of Tamils around the world have fled their home country Sri Lanka. Is it because, they wanted to tour the world?
- Those millions worldwide demonstrated in support of LTTE, and described LTTE as their freedom fighters. Are all of them hardened terrorists, as the Srilankan President Rajapakse is claiming?
- When will Rajapakse allow international aid to reach the Tamils? Or does he think that it is not necessary? Why was the ICRC thrown out of Srilanka?
- When will the reporters be allowed to report freely from the affected areas? What is the status of investigations carried out in the case of the reporters who have been killed? Why were the UK journalists thrown out of Srilanka?
- Why have the SL Government arrested the doctors who reported casualty figures from the war front? Also, why any one who raises his voice against the government, even if they are civilians or reporters, arrested and investigated?
- What is the function of UN? You might think that this is a stupid question, but I bet if anyone can provide an answer and prove that the answer is justified by quoting the activities of UN.
- How come Mr. Rajapakse has not yet mentioned about what he intends to do to protect the rights of the Tamils? Is he going to think of a plan when he has time after his victory bash?
Indian leaders from Delhi, Chinese Communists and Japanese war mongers are excluded from these questions, as this is directed to those who have some basic dignity and humanity.
Note to Mr. Ban Ki Moon: Please do not ask advice from the following people
- Mr. Vijay Nambiar who goes for a leisure tour to Srilanka every few days and says everything is fine.
- Mr. Pranab Mukherjee who has been assigned to look out for investment opportunities in Srilanka, on behalf of Mdm. Sonia Gandhi.
- Mr. Manmohan singh, as he cannot answer without Mdm. Sonia Gandhi’s permission. So kindly do not disturb him.
Written by Joy Arun
Joy Arun is an engineer who also works to spread education to the needy. He believes education is the foundation for a healthy society.